Sunday, November 30, 2008

Single & The Holidays


Now that Thanksgiving 2008 is over the official start to Holiday Season 2008 has begun! Now I know that some single ladies out there get depressed this time of year because they have no one special in their life. I used to feel like one of the misfit toys from from Rudolph, "I just don't fit in." The holidays seem to be all about family and your special man. It certainly doesn't help seeing all those Zales commercials that seem to be on an endless loop on my TV -- "Diamonds? For me? You are the most perfect man ever!"


While the holidays are a hectic time between shopping for gifts, work, holiday baking and general life, it's also a great time to be single. Between now and New Year's Eve there are parties, parties, parties giving us single ladies ample opportunities to meet someone new. Every group I belong to throws some sort of holiday gathering and someone's friend is always hosting a party in their apartment. I love it because it gets me out of my comfort zone and social circle -- and you just never know who you could meet by the cheese platter! And people tend to be in a more festive mood this time of year making conversation easier. Instead of the standard, "so what do you do?" line, you can ask about holiday plans or their favorite Christmas show (mine is the Grinch & Rudolph).

This holiday season accept all invites and see what happens! Now I am not saying that you will meet "the one" but you never know what can happen when you add in a little holiday cheer.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you read Princess Bubble? Similar theme.

Unknown said...

Love it. Great post!

Anonymous said...

take a look at this [url=http://k.jup.cc]Sexy.[/url]

Can u be of help just visit to get me my next free video